This blue zone tip is something that I currently do not follow due to my pregnant state. Honestly, it is something that I have never followed but the research is clear that red wine is good for your health. Maybe one day I will grow to like and appreciate red wine and get to reap its benefits, but for now I’ll just have to relay the information to you and trust the research.
Here are tips from Dan Buettner, author of “The Blue Zones”:
- Buy a case of high quality red wine
- Have a happy hour and drink your red wine with family and/or food
- Take it easy–relax and enjoy
- 1-2 drinks per day (no–not saving up all week and then having 14 drinks on Saturday!)
|Sardinian Cannonau Wine is what Dan Buettner recommends.|
- If you are like me and not an alcohol drinker but still want the benefits of red wine, consider taking the supplement resveratrol. It is the same chemical in red wine that seems to help prolong life expectancy. Always do your research first before taking supplements.