What you feed your body is important. What you put on and rub into your biggest organ (the skin) is important too. That’s why I am careful about the things that I use on my face, especially the products that I use every day. Here are my five favorite face products:
- Dickinson’s Witch Hazel–I use this to take off my make-up every night. It’s easy and it has a 1 rating from the Environmental Working Group, which is the best you can get for safety.
- Physician’s Formula Organic Wear Mascara–My eyes have always been sensitive, so I sought something that wouldn’t irritate them. Also, I don’t really want toxic chemicals going into my eyeballs…no matter how much it makes my lashes curl. This mascara also has a 1 rating from the EWG.
- Physician’s Formula Super CC cream–I love an all-in-one coverage cream, which is what makes this product easy for every day. I also have used and like this brand’s Organic Wear BB cream.
- Honest Beauty Lip Crayon–I don’t always put things on my lips because I don’t like the feel, taste, and the thought of practically eating make-up. When I do, I like this product most and trust The Honest Company as they have the “Honestly Free Guarantee”, which means their products are made without parabens, paraffins, formaldehyde carriers, PEGs, steareth‐n, propylene glycol, butylene glycol, petrolatum, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, or dyes.
- Honest Beauty Younger Face Deep Hydration Cream–Again, I love this brand and when I turned 30, I figured it was time to use a moisturizer that helps fight the inevitable aging process. You can purchase a bundle with this company, which saves money on the products you buy.
If you aren’t sure about what you are putting on your face, check the Environmental Working Group’s Cosmetics Database, which is a good guide to seeing how hazardous or how safe personal care products are. On their website they have the tag line “Smarter Choices, Healthier Living.” They also have a great app that helps you out when shopping. If you are looking to start making changes to your beauty regimen, I would recommend starting with the things you use every day. These are my 5 faves, and I would love to hear about what yours are!